SAFE AND SECURE SHOPPING:
PERSONAL INFORMATION THE HANGER GATHERS ABOUT YOU:
- Information That You Provide: We receive and store any information that a customer enters on our website or gives us in any way. This information is used to enhance your experience on our website, to respond to your requests, to customize your shopping experience and to communicate with you.
- Automatic Information: Some information is received and stored automatically whenever you interact with us. "Cookies" are one example of this type of information. In internet terms, a "cookie" is a text file that websites send to visiting computers/devices to identify the visiting computer/device. We also may use third-party website analytics tools. These tools collect information about visitor traffic on our website
- Information from Other Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. All information gathered is for the sole purpose of personalizing and improving your user experience.
THE HANGER AND YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION:
We use your contact information for the following purposes only:
- Register you as a user on our website;
- Manage and/or maintain your user account and shopping cart on our website;
- Process and deliver purchases, returns, backorders etc;
- Communicate with you and provide customer support;
- Let you know about products, promotions and events that might be of special interest to you
- If for some reason you would prefer not to receive emails from us, email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take seven to ten working days to take effect.
THAT’S IT? NO, THERE’S A BIT MORE:
- Record purchases you have made on our website
- Protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
THE HANGER AND SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
Your privacy is always respected when you shop with on The Hanger. From time to time we might establish business relationships with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. Your customer information is sometimes shared with such carefully selected partners in order to enhance your shopping experience. We also sometimes allow third-party companies to collect certain anonymous information (e.g. mouse clicks, mouse movements, scroll behaviors and/or keystroke activities) during your visits in order to further enhance your shopping experience. Notice to California Residents: If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by The Hanger to any third parties, including (i) a list of the categories of personal information about you that The Hanger has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties' business. To submit a request with the subject heading "CALIFORNIA PRIVACY REQUEST" to email@example.com
THE HANGER AND OTHER PEOPLE (THIRD PARTY INTERMEDIARIES):
We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
THE SECURITY OF YOUR CUSTOMER INFORMATION:
Our website takes every precaution to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via The Hanger, your information is protected both online and off-line. All of your information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (including but not limited to: billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. And, everyone at The Hanger are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, we notified and/or remind our team members about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure your information is protected. If you have any questions about the security of The Hanger, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “SECURITY INQUIRY”.
THE HANGER AND CHILDREN: